Some basic tools for covering an event as a journalist.
For Fall 2017, students in the Multimedia Writing course covered many events on The American University in Cairo (AUC) campus.
This is a required course for all majors in the Department of Journalism and Mass Communication (JRMC).
For this assignment the students worked in small groups to produce
- live tweets with photos and video
- an article
- photo essay
- short video
- audio clips and interviews
We used Adobe Spark to produce the web pages.
Here is the list of the events covered:
On Sunday, October 22, 2017
- Conference in AUC Reveals How Social Media Shapes Politics
- The Future of Traditional Journalism in Egypt
On Sunday, October 29, 2017
- Chi-La-I-Li Wa-Chi-Wi Brings Native American Culture to Cairo
- Tips for Inclusive Teaching
- The Future of Graduates in the World of Tech-based Corporations
On Monday, October 30, 2017
On Monday, November 6, 2017
- Seeking Change Through Promoting Global Citizenship Education
- Global Citizenship and Its Importance in Promoting Education for an Entire Generation